Bowie - southern half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 March 2015
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 after midnight then becoming westerly 25 to 35 Monday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 to 25 Monday evening.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 March 2015 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday low located over Cape St. James.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday low located over the Alaska panhandle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 29 March 2015 An approaching low will track northward across the offshore waters
tonight and reach Haida Gwaii on Monday morning before reaching the
Alaska Panhandle in the afternoon.
Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterlies will develop over
Explorer and the central waters this evening and spread to northern
waters overnight. Gale to storm force southeast winds are expected
near the headlands of West Coast Vancouver Island North early Monday
In the wake of the low, winds will shift to strong to gale force
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: