Bowie - southern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 May 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 late overnight. Wind northwest 20 to 30 Wednesday.
Chance of showers late this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - southern halfIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 May 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 May 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over southern
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM PDT 23 May 2017 A frontal system in a northeast to southwest line over Southern
Vancouver Island this afternoon will continue to move across the BC
South Coast late this afternoon and this evening, pushed by a strong
upper trough. A strong ridge of high pressure will build in the wake
of the front and generate gale to locally storm force northwesterly
winds over the BC waters late this afternoon, tonight and Wednesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: