Alerts for: City of Lloydminster Sask.
3:29 PM MDT Sunday 15 July 2018
Heat Warning in effect for:
- City of Lloydminster Sask.
A period with maximum daily temperatures reaching near 29C or above and minimum overnight temperatures reaching near 14C or above are expected Monday and Tuesday. A low pressure system moving through the province on Wednesday will bring scattered showers and cooler temperatures to the region.
Residents of and visitors to the above warned regions are advised to take the following precautions to protect themselves, their families and their neighbours:
- Consider rescheduling outdoor activities to cooler hours of the day.
- Take frequent breaks from the heat, spending time indoors at cooled buildings (including malls or indoor pools).
- Drink plenty of water and other non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated beverages to stay hydrated.
- Do not leave any person or pet inside a closed vehicle, for any length of time.
Monitor for symptoms of heat stroke or heat exhaustion, such as high body temperature, lack of sweat, confusion, fainting, and unconsciousness. Particular vigilance is urged for vulnerable individuals, including children, seniors, individuals with pre-existing lung, heart, kidney, nervous system, mental health or diabetic conditions, outdoor workers, as well as those who are socially isolated.
For more heat health advice, including for vulnerable individuals, visit https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/news/heat.aspx.
Heat Warnings are issued when very high temperature conditions are expected to pose an elevated risk of heat illnesses, such as heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: