Alerts for: Prince Albert - Shellbrook - Spiritwood - Duck Lake
4:41 AM CST Wednesday 18 October 2017
Wind warning in effect for:
- City of Prince Albert
- District of Lakeland including Emma Lake and Anglin Lake
- R.M. of Birch Hills including Muskoday Res.
- R.M. of Buckland including Wahpeton Res. and Spruce Home
- R.M. of Canwood including Debden and Big River Res.
- R.M. of Duck Lake including Duck Lake and Beardy's Res.
- R.M. of Garden River including Meath Park and Albertville
- R.M. of Leask including Leask Mistawasis Res. and Parkside
- R.M. of Meeting Lake
- R.M. of Paddockwood including Candle Lake and Paddockwood
- R.M. of Prince Albert including Davis
- R.M. of Shellbrook including Sturgeon Lake Res.
- R.M. of Spiritwood including Spiritwood and Leoville
- R.M. of St Louis including One Arrow Res. and Domremy
Very strong wind gusts that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
A very intense low pressure system has moved off to northern Manitoba and continues to track rapidly eastward. However, winds remain severe across much of southern and central Saskatchewan in its wake, with continuing gusts to 90 or 100 km/h over much of the area early this morning. The severe gusts will continue through to daybreak or shortly after for the Yellowhead corridor and surrounding areas to the south, but will linger through the entire morning for east central regions of the province.
Winds across Saskatchewan will then rapidly diminish in the afternoon hours.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports using #SKStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: