Alerts for: Kamsack - Canora - Preeceville
3:27 PM CST Friday 27 January 2023
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- R.M. of Buchanan including Buchanan Amsterdam and Tadmore
- R.M. of Clayton including Norquay Stenen and Swan Plain
- R.M. of Cote including Kamsack Togo and Duck Mountain Prov. Park
- R.M. of Good Lake including Canora and Good Spirit Lake Prov. Park
- R.M. of Hazel Dell including Lintlaw and Hazel Dell
- R.M. of Insinger including Theodore and Sheho
- R.M. of Invermay including Invermay and Rama
- R.M. of Keys including The Key Res.
- R.M. of Livingston including Arran
- R.M. of Preeceville including Preeceville and Sturgis
- R.M. of Sliding Hills including Veregin Mikado and Hamton
- R.M. of St Philips including Pelly and St Philips
A long period of extreme wind chill is expected as a frigid Arctic air mass sets in place over the eastern Prairies.
Wind chill values near -40 will occur tonight in parts of southern Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan.
Some moderation in wind chill will occur Saturday during the day but extreme values are expected to return Saturday night and the warning will likely be expanded.
Extreme cold puts everyone at risk.
Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter.
Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.
If it's too cold for you to stay outside, it's too cold for your pet to stay outside.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to SKstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #SKStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: