Alerts for: Carlyle - Oxbow - Carnduff - Bienfait - Stoughton
4:28 PM CDT Wednesday 15 August 2018
Special air quality statement in effect for:
- R.M. of Antler including Redvers Antler and Wauchope
- R.M. of Argyle including Gainsborough and Carievale
- R.M. of Brock including Arcola and Kisbey
- R.M. of Browning including Lampman
- R.M. of Coalfields including Bienfait and North Portal
- R.M. of Enniskillen including Oxbow and Northgate
- R.M. of Moose Creek including Alameda
- R.M. of Moose Mountain including Carlyle and Manor
- R.M. of Mount Pleasant including Carnduff
- R.M. of Reciprocity including Alida
- R.M. of Storthoaks including Storthoaks and Fertile
- R.M. of Tecumseh including Stoughton Forget and Heward
Smoke is causing poor air quality and reducing visibility. Smoke is expected or occurring.
A westerly flow in the upper levels of the atmosphere is once again spreading smoke from forest fires over western Canada across Saskatchewan. Poor air quality and diminished visibility will be widespread across the advisory area while the smoke remains in place.
Beginning this evening in the north, conditions will begin to improve, but further south hazy conditions will likely continue to be a periodic issue for several more days.
Individuals may experience symptoms such as increased coughing, throat irritation, headaches or shortness of breath. Children, seniors, and those with cardiovascular or lung disease, such as asthma, are especially at risk.
People with lung diseases, such as asthma and COPD, can be particularly sensitive to air pollution. They will generally experience more serious health effects at lower levels. Pollution can aggravate their diseases, leading to increased medication use, doctor and emergency room visits, and hospital visits.
Visit www.airhealth.ca for information on how to reduce your health risk and your personal contribution to pollution levels, as well as for current and forecast AQHI values.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada.
What we are doing
- Date modified: