Alerts for: Killarney - Pilot Mound - Manitou
10:17 AM CST Saturday 19 January 2019
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- Cartwright-Roblin Mun. incl. Mather
- Mun. of Killarney-Turtle Mountain
- Mun. of Lorne incl. Notre Dame and Swan Lake
- Mun. of Louise incl. Pilot Mound and Crystal City
- Mun. of Pembina incl. Manitou La Rivière and Snowflake
- R.M. of Argyle incl. Baldur Glenora and Greenway
- R.M. of Prairie Lakes incl. Margaret Ninette and Belmont
A prolonged period of very cold wind chills is expected.
Wind chill values near -40 are expected in almost all of southern Manitoba again this morning. Some moderation is expected during the day, but most of the area will see a return to extreme wind chill values tonight. Somewhat warmer temperatures are expected on Monday.
Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter.
Watch for cold related symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes.
If it's too cold for you to stay outside, it's too cold for your pet to stay outside.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to MBstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #MBStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: