Alerts for: Minnedosa - Riding Mountain National Park
10:28 AM CDT Wednesday 18 October 2017
Wind warning in effect for:
- Hamiota Mun. incl. McConnell and Lavinia
- Mun. of Clanwilliam-Erickson
- Mun. of Harrison Park incl. Onanole Sandy Lake and Newdale
- Prairie View Mun. incl. Bird Tail Creek Res.
- R.M. of Minto-Odanah incl. Minnedosa and Moore Park
- R.M. of Oakview incl. Oak River and Rapid City
- R.M. of Rosedale incl. Eden and Kelwood
- R.M. of Yellowhead incl. Shoal Lake and Elphinstone
- R.M.of Ellice-Archie incl. St-Lazare McAuley and Manson
- Riding Mountain Nat. Park
- Rossburn Mun. incl. Waywayseecappo Res.
Very strong wind gusts that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
A very intense low pressure system is tracking through northern Manitoba today bringing severe westerly winds to much of southern and central Manitoba. Wind gusts of 90 km/h to 100 km/h have been observed at multiple locations.
The winds will begin to abate from west to east early this afternoon as the low moves into Ontario.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports using #MBStorm.
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: