Alerts for: Dugald - Beausejour - Grand Beach
4:35 AM CDT Thursday 02 July 2020
Heat Warning in effect for:
- R.M. of Brokenhead incl. Beausejour and Garson
- R.M. of East St. Paul incl. Birds Hill
- R.M. of Springfield incl. Anola and Birds Hill Prov. Park
- R.M. of St. Clements incl. Grand Beach Brokenhead and Libau
Humidex values reaching 38 are expected for the next 2 days.
A hot and humid airmass will return to much of southern and east central Manitoba on Thursday and persist into the weekend. Slightly cooler temperatures are expected late weekend into early next week.
Extreme heat affects everyone.
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Watch for the effects of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.
Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty and stay in a cool place.
Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
Watch for the symptoms of heat illness: dizziness/fainting; nausea/vomiting; rapid breathing and heartbeat; extreme thirst; decreased urination with unusually dark urine.
Heat warnings are issued when very high temperature or humidity conditions are expected to pose an elevated risk of heat illnesses, such as heat stroke or heat exhaustion.
For more information on heat and your health:
- Visit Manitoba Health at: http://www.manitoba.ca/health/publichealth/environmentalhealth/heat.html.
- Call Health Links - Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free at 1-888-315-9257.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to MBstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #MBStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: