Alerts for: Fraser Canyon
4:00 PM PDT Tuesday 17 July 2018
Heat Warning in effect for:
- Fraser Canyon - north including Lillooet
- Fraser Canyon - south including Lytton
The summertime heat continues over the Southwest Interior. Daytime highs have reached 35 degrees or higher today. Overnight lows of 18 degrees except 15 over North Thompson are expected tonight.
Some slightly cooler weather is in store beginning Wednesday as an upper level trough moves into the interior.
These high temperatures are not out of the ordinary for this time of year, however, please be aware of the health risks associated with hot weather.
Extreme heat affects everyone.
The risks are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Watch for the effects of heat illness: swelling, rash, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the worsening of some health conditions.
Drink plenty of water even before you feel thirsty and stay in a cool place.
Check on older family, friends and neighbours. Make sure they are cool and drinking water
Never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
- Check the local news for health and safety updates.
- For more information on heat-related illness, call HealthLinkBC at 811.
- Contact your local government to find out what services (such as air-conditioned buildings and public splash parks) are available in your area.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: