Alerts for: Leduc - Camrose - Wetaskiwin - Tofield
7:37 PM MST Tuesday 19 January 2021
Wind warning in effect for:
- Beaver Co. near Holden and Ryley
- Beaver Co. near Tofield
- Camrose Co. near Bawlf and Rosalind
- Camrose Co. near Camrose and Bittern Lake
- Camrose Co. near Hay Lakes and Miquelon Lake Prov. Park
- Camrose Co. near New Norway Edberg and Ferintosh
- Co. of Wetaskiwin near Wetaskiwin Millet and Hwy 2
- Flagstaff Co. near Daysland Heisler and Strome
- Leduc Co. near Leduc Beaumont and Kavanagh
- Leduc Co. near New Sarepta and Rolly View
- Strathcona Co. near Ardrossan and Cooking Lake
Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
Strong winds gusts between 90 and 120 km/h will spread from Northwest portions of Alberta to areas near the Saskatchewan border by late this evening and will subside before morning.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
Wind warnings are issued when there is a significant risk of damaging winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: