Alerts for: Lethbridge - Taber - Milk River
9:24 PM MST Sunday 16 January 2022
Special weather statement in effect for:
- City of Lethbridge
- Co. of Forty Mile near Skiff
- Co. of Lethbridge near Coaldale
- Co. of Lethbridge near Coalhurst Nobleford and Barons
- Co. of Lethbridge near Picture Butte and Turin
- Co. of Warner near Milk River and Coutts
- Co. of Warner near Raymond Stirling and New Dayton
- Co. of Warner near Warner
- Co. of Warner near Wrentham
- Co. of Warner near Writing-On-Stone Prov. Park
- M.D. of Taber near Grassy Lake and Hwys 877 and 513
- M.D. of Taber near Taber and Barnwell
- M.D. of Taber near Vauxhall and Hays
Strong winds, snow, blowing snow and a rapid drop in temperature expected for southern Alberta Monday night.
Strong northwest winds gusting up to 70 km/h will begin along the central Foothills Monday evening. These winds will move to the southeast and strengthen through the night. Wind gusts up to 90 km/h are likely over southeastern Alberta by midnight. These winds will taper off by Tuesday morning.
Near the onset of these winds a brief period of rain or intense snow is expected. Visibility may be suddenly reduced to zero in snow and blowing snow. Behind this band of rain and snow poor visibility is possible in drifting or blowing snow until the winds begin to ease.
Heavy snow is expected along the eastern slope of the Foothills, with accumulations possibly exceeding 10 cm Monday night.
A rapid drop in temperature will occur with the northwest winds. Wet surfaces may freeze causing icy conditions.
Be prepared for poor travel conditions.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: