Alerts for: Brooks - Strathmore - Vulcan
10:28 AM MST Monday 18 December 2017
Special weather statement in effect for:
- Co. of Newell near Bassano
- Co. of Newell near Brooks Rosemary and Duchess
- Co. of Newell near Gem
- Co. of Newell near Scandia and Kinbrook Island Prov. Park
- M.D. of Foothills near Blackie
- M.D. of Taber near Enchant
- Rocky View Co. near Chestermere Dalroy and Dalemead
- Siksika Res. 146
- Vulcan Co. near Arrowwood Herronton and Queenstown
- Vulcan Co. near Carmangay and Champion
- Vulcan Co. near Lomond Travers and Little Bow Reservoirs
- Vulcan Co. near Milo
- Vulcan Co. near Vulcan and Ensign
- Wheatland Co. near Hussar
- Wheatland Co. near Standard and Gleichen
- Wheatland Co. near Strathmore Lyalta and Carseland
10 to 30 Centimetres of Snow beginning Tuesday morning and ending by Wednesday evening.
On Tuesday, a Pacific low pressure system will move into Montana bringing snow to many parts of Southern Alberta. There is still some uncertainty as to the exact path and speed of this low. At this moment, meteorologists are expecting anywhere from 10-30 centimetres of snow to fall from Tuesday morning until Wednesday evening. Locations that will see the most snow include the Pincher Creek, Cardston and Kananaskis regions where 25-30 centimetres of snow is possible. A band stretching from Lethbridge to Calgary and into the Mountain Parks could see 10-20 centimetres of snow by Wednesday evening. Regions further to the east will see less.
This weather situation will be closely monitored and snowfall warnings will likely be issued later today.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: