Alerts for: Medicine Hat - Bow Island - Suffield
9:37 PM MST Saturday 04 December 2021
Blowing snow advisory in effect for:
- City of Medicine Hat
- Co. of Forty Mile near Bow Island and Whitla
- Co. of Newell near Patricia
- Co. of Newell near Tilley and Rolling Hills
- Cypress Co. near Bowell and Redcliff
- Cypress Co. near Bowmanton Schuler and Hilda
- Cypress Co. near CFB Suffield
- Cypress Co. near Dunmore and Woolchester
- Cypress Co. near Irvine and Walsh
- Cypress Co. near McNeill and Sandy Point District Park
- Cypress Co. near Seven Persons
- Cypress Co. near Suffield and Hwy 879
- Cypress Co. near Tide Lake
- S.A. 2 near Bindloss Empress and Social Plains
- S.A. 2 near Buffalo and Cavendish
- S.A. 2 near Iddesleigh and Dinosaur Prov. Park
- S.A. 2 near Jenner and Atlee
Poor visibility in blowing snow overnight until early Sunday morning.
Visibility on the Trans-Canada Highway east of Calgary, portions of Highway 3 and Highway 41, as well as other roadways may be reduced to near zero at times.
Northwesterly winds will increase overnight, gusting near 60 km/h. These winds, combined with today's snowfall and some lingering flurries tonight will combine to produce low visibility in blowing snow.
Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@ec.gc.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: