Alerts for: High Level - Rainbow Lake - Fort Vermilion - Mackenzie Hwy
10:25 AM MDT Sunday 24 June 2018
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
- Co. of Northern Lights near Paddle Prairie Smt
- Mackenzie Co. near Bistcho Lake
- Mackenzie Co. near Fort Vermilion
- Mackenzie Co. near High Level and Bushe River Res.
- Mackenzie Co. near Indian Cabins and Steen River
- Mackenzie Co. near John D'or Prairie and Fox Lake
- Mackenzie Co. near La Crête and Buffalo Head Prairie
- Mackenzie Co. near Meander River and Lutose
- Mackenzie Co. near Rainbow Lake Zama Lake and Chateh
- Mackenzie Co. near the Caribou Mountains
- Mackenzie Co. near the Tallcree and Wadlin Lake Reserves
- Mackenzie Co. near Zama City
Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and large hail.
A cold front moving south from Great Slave Lake will initiate strong thunderstorms beginning early this afternoon. The main threat with these thunderstorms will be up to quarter size hail and wind gusts up to 90km/h.
Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: