Alerts for: Wabasca - Peerless Lake - Gift Lake - Cadotte Lake
9:32 PM MST Monday 17 February 2020
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- M.D. of Big Lakes near Gift Lake and Peavine Smts
- M.D. of Opportunity near Chipewyan Lake
- M.D. of Opportunity near Peerless Lake and Trout Lake
- M.D. of Opportunity near Red Earth Creek and Loon Lake
- M.D. of Opportunity near Wabasca-Desmarais and Sandy Lake
- Nrn Sunrise Co. near Cadotte Lake and Swampy Lake Res.
- Nrn Sunrise Co. near Loon Prairie Res. and Bison Lake
- Nrn Sunrise Co. near Utikoomak Reserves
Windchill values near -40 are forecast for tonight.
This is not expected to be a long-lasting event as temperatures begin to improve tomorrow.
While areas near Edmonton city centre may not quite reach windchill values of -40, much of the surrounding and outlying areas are expected to.
Watch for cold related symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes.
Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.
If it's too cold for you to stay outside, it's too cold for your pet to stay outside.
Outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks to warm up.
Extreme cold warnings are issued when very cold temperatures or wind chill creates an elevated risk to health such as frost bite and hypothermia.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: