Alerts for: Wabasca - Peerless Lake - Gift Lake - Cadotte Lake
10:19 AM MDT Saturday 21 July 2018
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
- M.D. of Big Lakes near Gift Lake and Peavine Smts
- M.D. of Opportunity near Chipewyan Lake
- M.D. of Opportunity near Peerless Lake and Trout Lake
- M.D. of Opportunity near Red Earth Creek and Loon Lake
- M.D. of Opportunity near Wabasca-Desmarais and Sandy Lake
- Nrn Sunrise Co. near Cadotte Lake and Swampy Lake Res.
- Nrn Sunrise Co. near Loon Prairie Res. and Bison Lake
- Nrn Sunrise Co. near Utikoomak Reserves
Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.
A trough of low pressure is expected to trigger thunderstorms. A few of these thunderstorms could become severe.
Fast-moving water across a road can sweep a vehicle away. Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!
Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: