Alerts for: Westlock - Barrhead - Athabasca
4:31 AM MST Saturday 15 December 2018
Wind warning in effect for:
- Athabasca Co. near Athabasca and Island Lake
- Athabasca Co. near Boyle and Caslan
- Athabasca Co. near Grassland and Atmore
- Athabasca Co. near Rochester Colinton and Meanook
- Co. of Barrhead near Barrhead and Lac la Nonne
- Co. of Barrhead near Neerlandia Bloomsbury and Vega
- Co. of Barrhead near Thunder Lake and Holmes Crossing
- M.D. of Lesser Slave River near Chisholm and Cross Lake
- Thorhild Co. near Newbrook and Long Lake Prov. Park
- Westlock Co. near Larkspur Fawcett and Jarvie
- Westlock Co. near Westlock and Clyde
- Woodlands Co. near Fort Assiniboine Timeu and Topland
Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
A low pressure system tracking though Northern Alberta will bring strong winds of 60 gusting to 90 km/h to portions of North Central Alberta later this morning. The strong winds are expected to weaken as the low moves eastward this afternoon.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Loose objects may be tossed by the wind and cause injury or damage. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ABstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: