Alerts for: Fort Chipewyan - Wood Buffalo National Park
10:33 AM MST Thursday 14 December 2017
Freezing rain warning in effect for:
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Clausen's Landing and Chipewyan 201FG
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Colin-Cornwall Lakes Prov. Park
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fitzgerald and La Butte Creek
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Fort Chipewyan and Sand Point
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Namur River and Namur Lake Reserves
- R.M. of Wood Buffalo near Old Fort Chipewyan 201 and 201ABCDE
- Wood Buffalo Nat. Park near Garden River and Thebacha Trail
- Wood Buffalo Nat. Park near Hay Camp and Ninishith Hills
- Wood Buffalo Nat. Park near Peace Point and Lake Claire
- Wood Buffalo Nat. Park west of the Fifth Meridian
Freezing rain is expected or occurring.
An area of patchy freezing rain is forecast to develop early this afternoon in the High Level region and in western areas of the Fort Chipewyan region. Fort Chipewyan itself will be right on the edge of the freezing rain and snow boundary. The freezing rain will end overnight in the High Level region and Friday morning in the Fort Chipewyan region.
Future model runs will be monitored and the warning may be extended to other regions if necessary.
Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots may become icy and slippery. Take extra care when walking or driving in affected areas.
Freezing rain warnings are issued when rain falling in sub-zero temperatures creates ice build-up and icy surfaces.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports using #ABStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: