West Scotian Slope - northern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 23 March 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 25 knots veering to southwest 25 to 30 near midnight then to northwest 25 early Friday morning.
Periods of rain and fog patches ending Friday morning.
Issued 05:00 PM ADT 23 March 2023
Tonight and Friday. Seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 late overnight.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 23 March 2023
Saturday Wind north 20 knots veering to east 15 to 20 in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind southeast 30 knots becoming west 30.
Monday Wind northwest 25 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 23 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5555W to 4530N 5510W to 4425N 4600W to 4725N 4400W to 5835N
5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5850N 4755W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6050W to Newfoundland near 4917N 5810W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 March 2023 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough from low located over the Gulf
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough from low located from Grand Manan
to East Scotian Slope.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday intensifying low 997 mb located near
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday low 982 mb located east of Banquereau.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the central Marine
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday departing ridge located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:24 PM ADT 23 March 2023 An approaching trough over Ontario will spin up an area of low
pressure over Maine this evening, extending a warm front over the
southwestern marine district. The low is forecast to intensify as it
tracks eastward over Nova Scotia tonight and Banquereau Friday
morning. The disturbance will depart the marine district Friday
evening. Strong to gale force easterly winds ahead of the system
shift to gale to storm force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - northeastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half, West Scotian Slope - southern half,
eastern shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, East Scotian
Slope - northeastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan -
southwestern half, and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: