Issued 08:00 PM AST 28 January 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 to 25 near midnight and to northwest 25 to 30 Wednesday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning Wednesday evening.
Temperatures zero falling to minus 5 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 4945N
5810W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 28 January 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5537W to 5320N 5245W to 5500N 5305W to 5700N 5600W then
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
SableIssued 8:00 PM AST 28 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 28 January 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 995 mb located east of Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Wednesday low 984 mb located southeast of the
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight high 1027 mb located over northern Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Wednesday quasi-stationary high 1031 mb located
over western Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:00 PM AST 28 January 2020 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fundy, Grand Manan, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: