Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 20 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwesterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwesterly 20 to 25 near noon then diminishing to northwest 15 early Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday afternoon.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending Tuesday morning.
Temperatures minus 13 falling to minus 20 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5035N 5750W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including a trace of grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 10:00 AM AST 20 January 2020
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. AST today departing low 990 mb located northeast
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday ridge located on a line east-west over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:49 AM AST 20 January 2020 A low pressure system northeast of Newfoundland will continue to move
northeastward this afternoon. Strong northwesterly winds will
gradually diminish today and tonight.
Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Banquereau - northern half,
Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou,
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: