Issued 08:00 PM AST 18 February 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to light after midnight then increasing to southwest 20 Monday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 25 to 30 Monday afternoon.
A few showers beginning Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 February 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4530N
5750W to 4700N 5750W to 4715N 5655W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 18 February 2018 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 985 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday departing low 984 mb located over the
southern Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight building ridge located over the western
By 3:30 p.m. AST Monday ridge located over the southeastern Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:50 PM AST 18 February 2018 An intensifying low pressure system currently south of Laurentian Fan
will continue to track eastward this evening to lie over the Southern
Grand Banks by early Monday morning. Gale force northerly winds
associated with this feature will continue to diminish this evening
except over Laurentian Fan waters where storm to hurricane force
northerly winds north of the low will diminish to gale force late
Elsewhere, winds will continue to diminish across the region as a
ridge of high pressure builds in from the west.
Marine interests are advised that a hurricane force wind warning is
in effect for Laurentian Fan - southern half. A storm warning is in
effect for Laurentian Fan - northern half. Gale warnings are in
effect for East Scotian Slope, Sable, and Banquereau - southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: