Issued 10:00 AM ADT 25 June 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to north 15 near midnight and to light early Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 15 Tuesday afternoon and to southwest 20 to 25 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain ending this evening. Fog patches dissipating this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Grand MananIssued 10:00 AM ADT 25 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 25 June 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1006 mb located near Lurcher.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 992 mb located over Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday departing low 990 mb located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM ADT 25 June 2018 A low pressure system near Lurcher will track eastward today reaching
Banquereau after midnight. The low will then stall and intensify
before tracking northeastward away from the district Tuesday
afternoon. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds will develop
north of the low while strong to gale force northwesterlies are
expected behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait - eastern half
and Gulf-Magdalen - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: