Issued 08:00 PM ADT 18 May 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light after midnight. Wind light Thursday.
Showers and fog patches Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 May 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 994 mb located northeast of Anticosti
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 996 mb located near Labrador Coast.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday trough from low located from Labrador
Coast to Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
the eastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:51 PM ADT 18 May 2022 Gale force northwesterly winds are expected this evening over
Anticosti behind a low moving away to the northeast.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: