Issued 03:00 AM ADT 06 July 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southerly 20 this morning and to northwest 25 this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Thursday morning.
Periods of rain ending this evening. Risk of thunderstorms early this evening. Fog patches forming this morning and dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 5:39 PM EDT 5 July 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4729N 5246W to 4845N 5110W to 5300N 4830W to 5655N 5015W to 5750N
4640W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5117N 5834W to Newfoundland near 5015N 5733W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Eastern ShoreIssued 03:00 AM ADT 06 July 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 6 July 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today intensifying low 1005 mb located over Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 998 mb located over Cabot Strait.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday departing low 999 mb located over
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday approaching ridge located over the
western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:34 AM ADT 6 July 2022 An area of low pressure will move eastward across the marine district
today and exit the marine district on Thursday. Strong southerly
winds ahead of the low will become strong to gale force northerlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are now in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen
and Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: