Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2017
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 17 January 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 1018 mb located southeast of Cape Cod.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday low 1002 mb located over Cabot Strait.
At 3:30 p.m. AST Thursday low located over central Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday building ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM AST 17 January 2018 A low pressure system currently southeast of Cape Cod will move along
the south shore of Nova Scotia tonight reaching Cabot Strait Thursday
morning and then Central Newfoundland Thursday afternoon. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies ahead of this system will become moderate
to strong northwesterlies in its wake.
Another low will pass south of the marine district late Thursday into
Friday bringing strong northerlies to most of the Scotian Slope
waters and northerly gales to Laurentian Fan.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
southwestern shore and eastern shore.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: