Bras d'Or Lakes
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 01 November 2019
Forecasts have ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 27 February 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. AST today intensifying trough from 988 mb low located
from New England to Georges Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday trough from 985 mb low located from New
Brunswick to Laurentian Fan.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Friday trough from 986 mb low located on a line
east-west over the northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over eastern Nova Scotia.
By 10:00 a.m. AST today departing ridge located east of Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:56 AM AST 27 February 2020 A low pressure system will intensify southeast of the Great Lakes and
approach the district to lie over Maine by this evening. On Friday
the low will move into the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Winds will increase
to gale to storm force easterlies across the district today ahead of
the low then shift to gale force southwesterlies south of the low.
These very strong easterly winds will result in higher than normal
water levels in the Gulf of St Lawrence along east to northeast
facing coastlines of Eastern New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island,
Cape Breton Island and Îles-de-la-Madeleine near high tide this
evening. Ice rafting against these coastlines may also occur.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, eastern shore - eastern half,
Sable - eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait,
Northumberland Strait - eastern half and Gulf-Magdalen. Gale warnings
are in effect for all remaining waters.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: