Anticosti - northwestern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 21 May 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 20 to 25 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 after midnight then becoming variable 10 to 15 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to easterly 15 to 20 Sunday evening.
Scattered showers becoming a few thunderstorms or scattered showers Sunday afternoon. Fog patches forming this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 21 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5405W to 4620N 5300W to 4620N 4725W to 4820N 4700W to 5100N
4735W to 5715N 5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs except less than 10 icebergs northeast of the
western iceberg limit.
Warnings (In effect)
Anticosti - northwestern halfIssued 5:32 PM ADT 21 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 21 May 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the eastern Marine
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located over
southeastern Laurentian Fan.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Sunday trough located over northwestern New
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: