South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
Issued 09:30 AM NST 27 November 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind south 25 knots diminishing to northwest 20 this evening and to variable 10 to 15 Monday afternoon.
Snow or rain ending Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 November 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5316N 5546W to 5329N
5539W to 5344N 5621W to Labrador near 5430N 5725W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5453N 5813W to 5552N
6011W to 5751N 6131W to 6024N 6355W to 6036N 6346W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 26 November 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 27 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5222N 5539W to 5230N 5345W to 5430N 5400W to 5815N 5630W to
6000N 5310W to 5825N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 27 November 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NST today deepening low 991 mb located over Ungava Bay.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday departing low 978 mb located over the East
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight trough located over the South Labrador
By 9:30 p.m. NST Monday trough located east of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NST 27 November 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: