South Labrador Coast - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM NST 24 February 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this morning then increasing to southeast 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 near noon Tuesday. Wind increasing to northwest 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of snow tonight and Tuesday morning.
Risk of freezing spray today and tonight. Risk of freezing spray Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures minus 18 rising to minus 8 overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4855N 5040W
to 5050N 4915W to 5510N 5250W to 5605N 5610W to 5800N 5840W then
northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice including 4 tenths first-year ice in the northeastern
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 23 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4738N 5242W to 4735N 4705W to 4910N 4600W to 5400N 5000W to 6230N
5359W to 5744N 4500W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5144N 5626W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5610W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 24 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday approaching low 1007 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 AM NST 24 February 2020 A trough of low pressure system off the coast of Greenland will
weaken today as a ridge builds in from the west. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies between these features will ease today as the ridge
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - eastern half
- Belle Isle Bank - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: