Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 18 January 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwesterly 15 knots diminishing to light Friday evening.
Temperatures minus 2 falling to minus 7 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4505N
6045W to 4605N 5925W to 4840N 6135W to 4945N 6050W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from 4945N 6050W to 5030N 5810W to 4820N
5930W to Newfoundland near 4810N 5850W. Sea ice north and east of
the ice edge.
5 tenths new ice except 8 tenths grey-white ice including 1 tenth
first-year ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 18 January 2018 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 997 mb located northeast
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 990 mb located southwest of Georges
By 10:00 a.m. AST Friday low 990 mb located south of Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:20 PM AST 18 January 2018 An intense low pressure system currently southwest of Georges Bank
will move eastward tracking south of the marine district tonight and
Friday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds over southwestern
waters ahead of this system will spread eastward across southern
waters overnight and early Friday morning.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope and Laurentian
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Northeast Coast
- Northeast Gulf - northwestern half
- Northeast Gulf - southeastern half
- Northern Grand Banks
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast - northern half
- South Labrador Coast - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: