Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
Issued 03:30 PM NDT 29 March 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Wind north 15 to 20 knots increasing to north 25 this evening. Wind north 25 Monday.
Risk of freezing spray tonight and Monday.
Temperatures minus 6 to minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5250W to 4630N 4700W
to 4800N 4645W to 4945N 4945W to 5300N 5030W to 5545N 5300W to 5645N
5645W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north then west of the
2 tenths grey-white ice except 8 tenths grey-white ice including 3
tenths first-year ice in the northeastern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 March 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5335W to 4505N 4700W to 4610N 4500W to 4800N 4415W to 4920N
4420W to 5330N 4800W to 5835N 5525W to 6100N 5300W to 5800N 4900W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6041W to Newfoundland near 4844N 5836W.
Iceberg CountLess than 10 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM NDT 29 March 2020 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over the southeastern Grand Banks.
At 3:30 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:23 PM NDT 29 March 2020 A trough of low pressure on a line from the Southeastern Grand Banks
to the Eastern Funk Island Bank will remain stationary tonight and
Monday. Strong to gale force northerlies west of the trough will
gradually diminish on Monday as the trough weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Coast - Cape St Francis and south, the Northern Grand Banks -
western half and the Southwestern Grand Banks.
Atlantic - Newfoundland Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Belle Isle Bank
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Coast - north of Cape St. Francis
- Funk Island Bank - eastern half
- Funk Island Bank - western half
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Lake Melville
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Northeast Coast - Cape St. John and south
- Northeast Coast - north of Cape St. John
- Northeast Gulf
- Northern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Northern Grand Banks - western half
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Sable - eastern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: