Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 09:30 PM NST 21 November 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 after midnight then increasing to southeast 25 Wednesday morning.
Showers or flurries changing to flurries Wednesday morning.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 1 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 November 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 6200N 6410W to 6410N 5750W then
northeastwards. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 21 November 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5200N 5555W to 5030N 5415W to 5200N 4900W to 5300N 4730W to
5500N 5000W to 6000N 6000W to 6100N 5400W to 5800N 5000W then
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 21 November 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:09 PM NST 21 November 2017 A trough of low pressure over the Western Labrador Sea will remain
quasistationary. Gale to storm force southeasterlies to the east of
the trough will gradually diminish through the forecast period as the
Marine interests are advised a storm warning is in effect for East
Labrador Sea. A gale warning is in effect for the Northwest Labrador
Sea - eastern half.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: