North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 23 June 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this afternoon then becoming southeast 15 near midnight. Wind veering to south 20 Thursday afternoon.
Showers and fog patches Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 June 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5940N 6359W to 6018N 6227W
then northeastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 1 tenth first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the extreme northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 22 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
5000N 5555W to 5005N 5400W to 5200N 5250W to 5445N 5135W to 5600N
5200W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5930W to 6010N 5440W to 5750N 4720W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5838W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5727W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 23 June 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Northwest Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 AM NDT 23 June 2021 A trough of low pressure over the East Labrador Sea will remain
nearly stationary today and tonight. Strong to gale force
southwesterlies over northern waters will gradually diminish today as
the trough weakens.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half.
Hudson - Hudson Bay Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Belcher - northern half
- Belcher - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Churchill - eastern half
- Churchill - western half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Foxe
- Frobisher Bay
- James Bay - northern half
- James Bay - southern half
- Lake Winnipegosis
- Lake Winnipeg - north basin
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Hudson - eastern half
- South Hudson - western half
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- South-central Hudson - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Foxe
- York - eastern half
- York - western half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: