Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 June 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind westerly 5 to 15 knots tonight and Thursday.
Chance of drizzle tonight and Thursday morning. Fog patches dissipating near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 June 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located from the North Coast
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday approaching trough located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PDT 20 June 2018 A marine push will develop over the South Coast tonight as a trough
of low pressure deepens over the BC Interior and a weak ridge of
High pressure persists offshore.
Westerly winds will reach gale force tonight through Juan de Fuca
strait. On Thursday strong southeasterlies will develop over the
Strait of Georgia in the morning as cooler marine air invades the
inner South Coast. Strong inflow winds will develop through Howe
Sound and Douglas Channel during the day. Westerlies through Juan
De fuca strait will reach gale force again Thursday afternoon as
Will northwesterly winds through Johnstone Strait.
Elsewhere, winds will remain light to moderate.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: