Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 April 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 late this afternoon then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 Monday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 April 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 April 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
over Cape Scott.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday weakening frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:09 AM PDT 22 April 2018 A ridge of high pressure will continue to build over Cape Scott
today, with light to moderate northwesterlies prevailing east of the
An approaching frontal system will track across Bowie tonight and
weaken over Haida Gwaii Monday afternoon. Gale force southerlies over
Bowie will spread to the west coast of Haida Gwaii today, and reach
Dixon Entrance East and Northern Hecate Strait this evening.
Additionally, winds will approach marginal storm force over Dixon
Entrance West this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: