Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 17 January 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to easterly 35 to 45 early this morning then diminishing to easterly 20 to 30 near noon Thursday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 05:27 AM PST 17 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 17 January 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 1:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located from Hecate
Strait to McInnes Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 17 January 2018 A strong frontal system is rapidly developing and is currently over
West Queen Charlotte Sound. Gale to storm force southeasterlies have
developed ahead of this frontal system. As the system moves
Closer to Vancouver Island it will continue to intensify. By early
this morning storm to hurricane force southeasterlies are
Expected at West Vancouver Island North and will extend into Queen
Charlotte Sound and the Central Coast.
In the wake of this intense system, gale to storm force
southwesterlies will persist over Explorer and into central
Waters through Wednesday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: