Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots veering to southwest 15 to 25 near noon then becoming southwest 10 to 20 this evening. Wind veering to west 15 to 25 Friday afternoon.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 September 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 986 mb located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low 988 mb located north of Bowie.
At 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 992 mb located over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday departing low 990 mb located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 24 September 2020 A low northwest of Bowie will slowly move northeastward towards the
Alaska Panhandle today. Strong to gale force northwesterlies over
most waters will ease to moderate to strong by this afternoon.
A developing low is forecast to move into Explorer this evening and
track toward Northern Vancouver Island tonight. The low will move
inland early Friday morning. Ahead of the low, southeast gales are
forecast to develop over the southern waters tonight. Winds will
shift to gale force westerlies as the front passes and gradually
Ease to strong westerlies on Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: