Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 19 November 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 40 late overnight then diminishing to westerly 10 to 20 late Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday afternoon.
Showers beginning late this afternoon changing to rain near midnight then to showers Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 19 November 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 19 November 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over southern
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM PST 19 November 2018 A frontal system over Bowie will gradually move eastward this
Evening and Tuesday, reaching the Central Coast on Tuesday afternoon.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will spread to all the northern
and central waters, and near Northern Vancouver Island, later this
evening. The strong to gale force southeasterlies will become
confined to the Central Coast and Northern Vancouver Island by
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: