Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 06 August 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 knots increasing to south 35 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 20 early Friday morning.
Showers changing to rain near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 06 August 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 6 August 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line north-south
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located on a line north-south over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Friday building ridge located southwest of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 6 August 2020 A trough of low pressure over Bowie this evening will reach the
mainland coast by late Friday morning. Strong to locally gale force
southerly winds will develop early Friday morning ahead of the trough
near the headlands of Northern Vancouver Island as well as the
Central Coast. Gale force winds should ease by midday Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: