Bowie - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 07 December 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Friday afternoon and to southeast 35 to 45 Friday evening.
Showers ending Friday morning. Rain Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Bowie - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 07 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 7 December 2023 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating low located over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday intensifying frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PST 7 December 2023 An approaching frontal system will bring gale to storm force
southeast winds to the offshore waters Friday afternoon. Winds will
rise to strong to gale force southeasterly over the northern and
central waters and west of Vancouver Island Friday evening as the
frontal system approaches.
On Saturday, winds are likely to rise to hurricane force
southeasterlies in a broad swath from Dixon east, through Hecate
Strait and Queen Charlotte Strait, to Northern Vancouver Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: