Issued 07:00 PM MDT 03 October 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 Tuesday evening.
Flurries with a risk of freezing drizzle.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 3 October 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7022N 13500W to
7202N 12826W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10004W to 7035N 9937W to 7149N 10338W to 7254N 10353W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7344N 10107W. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7300N
9728W to Somerset Island near 7339N 9541W. Sea ice north of the ice
Fifth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7200N 9409W to
Nunavut near 7148N 9410W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Nunavut near 7132N 9320W to 7220N
9248W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7339N 8801W. Sea ice north of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 3 October 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday departing low 975 mb located at 65N 77W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday approaching ridge from 1035 mb high located
from 67N 116W to 77N 131W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday low 992 mb located at 70N 55W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 994 mb located at 75N 65W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: