Issued 07:00 PM MDT 18 September 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 20 to 25 knots diminishing to north 15 early Wednesday morning.
Chance of flurries this evening with a risk of freezing drizzle. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray ending Wednesday morning.
Temperatures near minus 7.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 September 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
7 tenths old ice.
Warnings (In effect)
BanksIssued 7:00 PM MDT 18 September 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 18 September 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge from 1034 mb high located from 74N
142W to 67N 130W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1034 mb high located from 74N 137W
to 67N 128W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over Arctic Coast of Alaska.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: