South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 04:00 AM NST 28 November 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 35 to 45 near noon Tuesday.
Flurries this afternoon tonight and Tuesday.
Risk of freezing spray Tuesday evening.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 November 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5316N 5546W to 5329N
5539W to 5344N 5621W to Labrador near 5430N 5725W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5453N 5813W to 5552N
6011W to 5751N 6131W to 6024N 6355W to 6036N 6346W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 27 November 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5213N 5540W to 5215N 5330W to 5430N 5400W to 5815N 5630W to
6000N 5310W to 5825N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador Sea - northwestern halfIssued 04:00 AM NST 28 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 28 November 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today intensifying low 987 mb located over the
southern East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday low 980 mb located over the northern East
At 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM NST 28 November 2022 A low pressure system located over East Labrador Sea will intensify
as it moves northward this afternoon before tracking southward back
over the Labrador Sea on Tuesday. Strong northwesterlies will develop
this morning south and west of the low and strengthen to gale force
northwesterlies beginning tonight.
As the low moves east of the marine district to lie near Greenland on
Tuesday evening, a ridge will approach from the west and gale force
northwesterlies are expected to spread across most waters between
these two features.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Lake Melville, Labrador coast, and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: