South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 19 March 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to northeast 25 to 35 near noon except northeast 15 to 20 over eastern sections Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Periods of snow or rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
A risk of freezing spray over western sections Tuesday.
Temperatures minus 4 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 March 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4855N 5050W
to 5520N 5240W to 5610N 5530W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths first-year ice in the extreme south
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5517W to 4545N 5330W to 4515N 4745W to 4515N 4600W to 4800N
4600W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 19 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5724W.
Iceberg Count26 to 50 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
South Labrador Sea - northwestern halfIssued 09:30 AM NDT 19 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 19 March 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 971 mb located over eastern Belle
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating low located northeast of Belle
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 970 mb located southeast of Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday low 976 mb located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 AM NDT 19 March 2018 A low pressure system over the Eastern Belle Isle Bank will drift
slowly northeastward and then dissipate northeast of Belle Isle Bank
this afternoon. A second low will approach from the east today and
move to lie over the South Labrador Sea this evening. Strong to gale
force northwesterlies to northeasterlies will persist throughout the
forecast period over most waters under the influence of these lows.
Gale to storm force northerlies can be expected over the Labrador
coast from Hopedale to Saglek.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
the Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale and North Labrador Coast -
Saglek and south. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining
waters except Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast, and South Labrador
Sea - southeastern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: