Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
Issued 04:00 PM NST 17 January 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Thursday morning except east 25 over northern sections Thursday afternoon and evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this evening. Occasional freezing spray beginning Thursday morning.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 12 rising to minus 12 to minus 4 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 17 January 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5720W to 6020N 5845W to 6230N 5730W
then northeastwards. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
5 tenths grey-white ice including 1 tenth first-year ice except 9
plus tenths grey-white ice including 2 tenths first-year ice in the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 17 January 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5400N 5718W to 5400N 5230W to 5700N 5300W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Northwest Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NST 17 January 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 17 January 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today high located south of Newfoundland.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Thursday high located east of the Grand Banks.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today low 1018 mb located southeast of Cape Cod.
By 4:00 p.m. NST Thursday approaching low 999 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM NST 17 January 2018 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all open waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: