North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 28 May 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots backing to northeast 15 to 20 Sunday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 May 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5150N 5608W to
Newfoundland near 5135N 5600W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5617W to
5000N 5330W to 5327N 4944W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the southern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 28 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5330W to 4620N 5225W to 4510N 4610W to 4645N 4445W to 5115N
4700W to 5715N 5040W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Quebec near
5006N 6144W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5914W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 28 May 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 990 mb located southeast of Greenland.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday departing low 1018 mb located east of
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 999 mb located over northeastern New
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 998 mb located over the Strait of
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over central Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM NDT 28 May 2022 A low pressure system approaching from New Brunswick will move to lie
over the Belle Isle Bank by Sunday evening. Strong to gale force
easterlies will develop over southern waters late Sunday ahead of the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast and South Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: