Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 20 April 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind north 25 knots increasing to north 30 late overnight. Wind north 30 Saturday.
A few flurries beginning late overnight.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water occasional freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4730N 4915W
to 4830N 4855W to 4940N 5120W to 5320N 5210W to 5630N 5830W to 5800N
5900W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
4 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the western
section. Strong ice pressure along parts of the coast today
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4713N 5257W to 4545N 4730W to 4545N 4545W to 4645N 4515W to 4815N
4515W to 5100N 4715W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Apr estimated from Quebec near
5012N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5830W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador Coast - north of HopedaleIssued 9:30 PM NDT 20 April 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Mid Labrador Coast - north of HopedaleIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 April 2018
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 20 April 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 995 mb located south of Newfoundland.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Saturday low 990 mb located over southeastern
Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM NDT 20 April 2018 A low pressure system south of Newfoundland will track across the
island tonight and stall over the Belle Isle Bank on Saturday.
Gale force northerlies will develop over southwestern waters as it
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast and Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: