East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 05 April 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 35 to 45 knots diminishing to east 25 to 35 near midnight and to east 15 to 20 late overnight except north 15 to 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming variable 10 to 15 near noon Monday.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 April 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5240W to 4745N 5055W
to 4850N 5005W to 5500N 5300W to 5625N 5700W to 5800N 5845W then
northward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:07 PM EDT 5 April 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5557W to 4515N 5640W to 4340N 4800W to 4600N 4450W to 4900N
4345W to 5330N 4800W to 5840N 5400W to 6000N 5245W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Apr estimated from Newfoundland
near 4925N 5809W to Quebec near 5019N 6005W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 05 April 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 5 April 2020 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Monday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the South Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM NDT 5 April 2020 A trough of low pressure over the East Labrador Sea will move to lie
over the South Labrador Sea tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected ahead of the trough with gale force
easterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville and South Labrador Coast.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast, and Northwest
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: