East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 15 October 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to west 20 to 25 this evening then diminishing to variable 15 Tuesday morning except northeast 35 over southern sections Tuesday evening.
Showers or flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 14 October 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Oct estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5600W to 5000N 5200W to 4930N 4915W to 5400N 4930W to 5800N
5630W to 6000N 5400W to 5800N 5100W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 15 Oct estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5155N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NDT 15 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 15 October 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today trough located over Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Tuesday trough located on a line east-west over
the East Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight deepening low 995 mb located over Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Tuesday low 966 mb located over southeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NDT 15 October 2018 A low pressure system over Quebec this evening will deepen as it
moves to lie over Southeastern Labrador Tuesday evening. Winds will
strengthen to strong to gale force northeasterlies on Tuesday as the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale
and south, South Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Igloolik - northern half
- Igloolik - southern half
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: