Meteorological data in GRIB format
The Meteorological Service of Canada makes this GRIB2 format database available to private sector meteorologists, academics, and the general public. It contains data from analysis systems along with output from many of the Canadian Meteorological Centre's Numerical Weather Prediction (NWP) models. The data is free, under standard terms and conditions.
There are two main sections in the database:
- A section offering analysis data
- A section offering NWP model data
For more information, please read our description of the GRIB format.
Dataset description and access
If you make use of Environment Canada GRIB data, we encourage you to subscribe to our distribution list in order to receive timely information regarding future changes that may have an impact on the way you collect or use our data: http://lists.ec.gc.ca/mailman/listinfo/dd_info
- Analysis Data
- Numerical Weather Prediction Data
- Main systems
- Regional Deterministic Prediction System - RDPS (10 km)
- Global Deterministic Prediction System - GDPS (25 km and 66 km of resolution)
- Global Ensemble Prediction System (GEPS)
- Canadian Seasonal to Inter-annual Prediction System - CanSIPS
- Main systems
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: