Alerts for: Fort Qu'Appelle - Indian Head - Lumsden - Pilot Butte
9:01 AM CST Saturday 06 February 2016
Wind warning in effect for:
- R.M. of Abernethy including Balcarres and Abernethy
- R.M. of Bratt's Lake including Wilcox Corinne and Estlin
- R.M. of Cupar including Southey Cupar and Markinch
- R.M. of Edenwold including Balgonie and Piapot Res.
- R.M. of Francis including Vibank Sedley and Odessa
- R.M. of Indian Head including Indian Head and Sintaluta
- R.M. of Lajord including Lajord Kronau and Riceton
- R.M. of Lipton including Lipton and Dysart
- R.M. of Longlaketon including Earl Grey and Silton
- R.M. of Lumsden including Lumsden Regina Beach and Craven
- R.M. of McKillop including Strasbourg and Rowans Ravine Prov. Park
- R.M. of Montmartre including Assiniboine Res.
- R.M. of North Qu'Appelle including Fort Qu'Appelle
- R.M. of Sherwood including Grand Coulee
- R.M. of South Qu'Appelle including Qu'Appelle and Edgeley
- R.M. of Tullymet including Peepeekisis Res.
Strong winds that may cause damage are expected or occurring.
A fast moving weather system also known as an Alberta Clipper is moving across Saskatchewan today. In its wake, very strong northwest winds with gusts to 90 km/h are expected to develop, early this afternoon in the west and late this afternoon in the east.
A cold front behind this system will bring flurries and local blowing snow tonight as winds shift more into the north. Winds tonight will remain quite strong in some areas, gusting to 80 or 90 km/h especially in southeastern regions.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions due to high winds.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports to #SKStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: