Alerts for: Melfort - Tisdale - Nipawin - Carrot River
12:10 PM CST Monday 16 October 2017
Special weather statement in effect for:
- R.M. of Arborfield including Arborfield and Zenon Park
- R.M. of Barrier Valley including Archerwill and McKague
- R.M. of Bjorkdale including Greenwater Lake Prov. Park
- R.M. of Connaught including Ridgedale and New Osgoode
- R.M. of Flett's Springs including Beatty Ethelton and Pathlow
- R.M. of Invergordon including Yellow Creek and Tarnopol
- R.M. of Kinistino including Kinistino and James Smith Res.
- R.M. of Lake Lenore including St. Brieux
- R.M. of Moose Range including Carrot River and Tobin Lake
- R.M. of Nipawin including Nipawin Aylsham and Pontrilas
- R.M. of Pleasantdale including Naicam and Pleasantdale
- R.M. of Star City including Melfort and Star City
- R.M. of Three Lakes including Middle Lake and St Benedict
- R.M. of Tisdale including Tisdale Eldersley and Sylvania
- R.M. of Torch River including Choiceland and White Fox
- R.M. of Willow Creek including Gronlid and Fairy Glen
Strong, gusty winds expected Tuesday and Wednesday.
An intense low pressure system is forecast to track through the eastern Prairies over the next few days. Winds gusts of up to and possibly exceeding 90 km/h are expected to develop over southwest Saskatchewan Tuesday afternoon.
Gusts of 90 km/h will expand east to affect the rest of southern Saskatchewan overnight Tuesday with the passage of the cold front. Strong winds will slowly weaken Wednesday afternoon.
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur.
High winds may toss loose objects or cause tree branches to break.
Uncertainty still exists in the exact track and intensity of the low pressure system.
Wind warnings are likely to be issued for parts of Southern Saskatchewan.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to email@example.com or tweet reports using #SKStorm.
What we are doing
- Date modified: